Informal & Formal Resolution Procedures
The informal resolution process shall apply to situations in which the Office of Student Services has denied a student’s request for an accommodation and to those where a student is having difficulties with an instructor and his/her accommodations. Please read the sections that follow for more information.
To file an informal grievance, the student must
- Accessibility Services Coordinator
- Any student who disagrees with the academic accommodation(s) or other services determined by the Accessibility Services Coordinator should express his/her concerns and be prepared to provide alternative solutions to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Services.
- If a student has difficulty with a faculty member, he/she should first try to clarify his/her needs during an individual appointment or the instructor’s office hours. If the student is not comfortable with this approach, the student may contact the Accessibility Services Coordinator to speak with the instructor. The Accessibility Services Coordinator will work with the faculty member and the student to resolve the situation.
To file a formal grievance, the student must
Prepare a written statement of complaint or concern that includes the exact nature of the concern, involved parties, and any available written documentation or evidence that is relevant to the complaint.
- Complete the General Grievance Form.
- To all written submissions of complaint or concern and will determine the process for addressing the complaint appropriate to the nature of the complaint/concern.
- The student will receive written notification of action taken to address the complaint from the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Services.
Students have the right to file complaints with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). OCR’s contact information for the state of Louisiana is:
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1620
Dallas, Texas 75201-6810
- Apply for Services
- Documentation Guidelines
- EnChroma Resource Scholarship
- High School Transitions
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.