Students with Disabilities
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide documentation of a qualified disability to Accessibility Services Coordinator to support requests for academic accommodations.
- It is the student’s responsibility to participate in an interactive process with a Accessibility Services Coordinator to determine eligibility for accommodations and services.
- Once the student is eligible for services, it is the student’s responsibility to request accommodations in a timely manner each semester from Accessibility Services Coordinator and provide documentation of disability related accommodations to his/her instructors.
- It is the student’s responsibility to participate in a careful, deliberate and interactive process with the Accessibility Services Coordinator to reach an agreement on an effective and reasonable academic accommodation.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make measurable progress toward their educational goal.
- It is the faculty’s responsibility to maintain the student’s confidentiality.
- It is the faculty’s responsibility to consult with the Accessibility Services Coordinator in providing appropriate accommodations.
- It is the faculty’s responsibility to provide reasonable accommodations as determined by the Accessibility Services Coordinator and not question the student regarding the validity of the documented disability when accommodations are approved by the Accessibility Services Coordinator.
- It is the faculty’s responsibility to maintain the same standards for students with disabilities as are applied to all other students, with the exception of accommodations determined by the Accessibility Services Coordinator.
- It is the faculty’s responsibility to contact the Accessibility Services Coordinator when an accommodation might violate an essential component of the course, program, or activity.
Accessibility Services Coordinator
- Maintains students’ confidentiality and the confidentiality of the documentation.
- Identifies and establishes appropriate accommodations for courses, programs, services, activities, and facilities.
- Requests and receives appropriate documentation that supports the claim of disability and/or need for the requested accommodations or academic adjustments.
- Denies a request for accommodations and academic adjustments if the documentation does not definitively demonstrate that the request is warranted, or if the individual fails to provide appropriate documentation.
- Communicates procedures clearly with students and faculty members.
For a more detailed listing of student, faculty, and Accessibility Services Coordinator rights and responsibilities, please see the Handbook.
- Apply for Services
- Documentation Guidelines
- EnChroma Resource Scholarship
- High School Transitions
- Report Barriers
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.