Documentation Guidelines for Psychological Disabilities
A diagnosis by a licensed mental health professional (e.g., psychologist, psychiatrist, licensed professional counselor (LPC), licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), neurologist) is required and must include the license number.
The documentation is considered current if the related evaluation was conducted no more than one year prior to the student’s request for accommodations.
For the documentation to be comprehensive, it must:
- Identify a diagnosis of a psychological disorder according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: (DSM);
- Specify the nature, severity, current impact, and anticipated duration of the disability;
- Describe the expected progression or stability of the disability over time;
- List current medication, dosages, and existing (not possible) side effects;
- Discuss functional limitations caused by the disability in an academic environment or the environment in which the student is requesting accommodations; and
- Include recommended accommodations explaining the need for each as it relates to the functional impact or limitations of the disability on learning or other major life activities.
- Apply for Services
- High School Transitions
- Documentation Guidelines
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.