River Parishes Community College (referred to as RPCC hereafter) is committed to providing a learning and working environment free of sexual discrimination and sexual misconduct. RPCC prohibits sexual discrimination and sexual misconduct, as provided in Title IX and other applicable laws, for all individuals who participate in institutional activities and programs, including online instruction.
Sexual discrimination and sexual misconduct violate an individual’s fundamental rights and personal dignity and RPCC considers sexual discrimination and sexual misconduct in any form to be a serious offense. This policy has been developed to reaffirm these principles and to provide recourse for individuals whose rights have been violated. This policy establishes the mechanism for determining when rights have been violated in employment, student life, campus support services, and/or an academic environment.
RPCC also supports an individual’s right to freedom of speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The intent of this policy is to protect all members affiliated with RPCC, not to regulate protected speech.
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all RPCC students, staff, and faculty, without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or gender expression.
This policy shall apply to conduct that occurs on an RPCC campus, at RPCC sponsored activities, and/or when the student or employee is representing RPCC. RPCC shall have the discretion to extend jurisdiction over conduct that occurs off-campus when the conduct adversely and significantly affects the learning environment or RPCC community and would be a violation of this policy and/or any applicable campus policy or code of conduct if the conduct had occurred on campus. In determining whether or not to extend jurisdiction, RPCC may consider, among other factors, its ability to gather information and effect a resolution. RPCC may extend jurisdiction (over off-campus conduct) if the alleged conduct by the student or employee:
- Involved violence or produced reasonable fear of physical harm; and/or
- Involved any other members of the RPCC community or any academic work, records, documents, or property of RPCC
Cooperation with Law Enforcement
RPCC will comply with law enforcement requests for cooperation and such cooperation may require RPCC to temporarily suspend the fact-finding aspect of a Title IX investigation while the law enforcement agency is in the process of gathering evidence. RPCC will implement appropriate interim steps/remedies during any law enforcement agency’s investigation to provide for the safety of all parties to the complaint and the campus community. RPCC will promptly resume its Title IX investigation as soon as notified by law enforcement that it has completed the evidence-gathering process. RPCC will make a diligent effort to enter into Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with law enforcement and criminal justice agencies in Ascension Parish. Such MOUs will be updated every two years and may include:
- Delineation and sharing protocols of investigative responsibilities
- Protocols for investigations, including standards for notification and communication and measures to promote evidence preservation
- Agreed-upon training and requirements on issues related to sexually-oriented criminal offenses for the purpose of sharing information and coordinating training to the extent possible
- A method of sharing general information about sexually-oriented criminal offenses occurring within the jurisdiction of the parties to the MOU in order to improve campus safety
- Assurances that local peace officers in addition to each full-time college or university police officer complete a sexual assault program required by state law La. R.S. 17:1805(H); 40:2405.8(A); (C)(1)
Law Enforcement MOU's
St. Charles Campus
Report an Incident
River Parishes Community College operates in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the 1962 Educational Amendment, and the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (P.L. 93-380) as amended by the (P.L. 95-568). Students have the right to file complaints with the Title IX Coordinator. The contact information for River Parishes Community College is:
Shalither S. Cushenberry, M. ED
Title IX Coordinator
Office of Student Services, Rm. 111
- Title IX
- Faculty/Staff Directory
- History of the College
- Service Area
- RPCC Foundation
- Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Policies & Procedures
- RPCC C.A.R.E.S.
- Policies & Public Information
- Contact Us
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.