General Requirements for Associate Degrees
In order to earn an associate’s degree at RPCC, students must complete the general degree requirements listed below.
- Students must be fully admitted to RPCC as a regularly enrolled student.
- By the degree conferral date, students must successfully complete all requirements for the degree(s) being pursued.
Students must earn the credit hours for their degree programs by completing all required courses.
- Grades of “C” or better must be earned in all courses required for the Associate of Arts/Louisiana Transfer, the Associate of Science/Louisiana Transfer, and the Associate of Science in Teaching degrees. Students completing the Associate of General Studies degree must earn grades of “C” or better in all general education English and math courses and all concentration courses.
- All RPCC degree programs have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.00 at the time of graduation. This policy applies to both institutional and adjusted cumulative GPA.
- Students seeking an Associate of Science in Teaching must have a 2.00 RPCC GPA and a 2.50 adjusted cumulative GPA at the time of graduation.
- It should be noted that a student meeting GPA requirements for graduation do not guarantee that they will meet institutional requirements for admission into another college/university or into any specific program or major. Students are responsible for obtaining and understanding information about admission to other institutions and their programs.
- To satisfy RPCC’s residency requirement, students must complete 25 percent of the coursework for each degree at RPCC.
Please note that some degree programs may have graduation requirements in addition to those noted above.
Graduating With Honors
River Parishes Community College distinguishes honor students based on the following GPA requirements:
- Honor’s graduates have an overall GPA between 3.00 and 3.49
- Dean’s Honor graduates have an overall GPA between 3.50 and 3.84
- Chancellor’s Honor graduates have an overall GPA between 3.85 and 4.00
These distinctions are noted on a graduate’s transcript
- Course Withdrawals / Resignation From the College
- Tuition and Fees Schedule
- Unpaid Balances & Delinquent Accounts
- Payment Information
- Personal Info Change, FERPA
- Registration Holds / Enrollment Verification
- Applying For Graduation
- Graduation Application
- Graduation Requirements
- Degree Only Status
- Dual / Second Degrees
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.