Rights and Responsibilities
Education after high school involves your time, money, and effort. It is a big investment that carries with it many rights and responsibilities.
As a student you have the right to know from Financial Aid:
- Financial Aid Programs available at River Parishes Community College
- How students apply for aid and how eligibility is determined
- How and when aid is disbursed
- Return of Title IV Funds policy
- Policies regarding satisfactory academic progress
- Terms of, schedules for, and the necessity of loan repayment and required exit counseling
- Terms and conditions under which students receiving federal education
loans may obtain deferments. A Deferment List available on the Department of Education website at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repayloans/deferment-forbearance
- Terms and conditions regarding Title IV Aid Information is available at https://www.rpcc.edu/financial-aid/awarding-of-title-iv-aid
As a student, you are responsible for:
- Completing all forms required by Financial Aid accurately and by the published deadlines.
- Notifying the Office of Financial Aid if any changes are made in your name, address, marital status, financial situation, or enrollment status.
- Reporting to the Office of Financial Aid any additional assistance from other sources, such as scholarships, waivers, and education benefits.
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- Reapplying for aid each year by completing the FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Please note: Financial aid awards are tentative awards and are not finalized until enrollment status is final. Any changes in enrollment status should be reported to the Office of Financial Aid immediately so that any necessary adjustments may be made.
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.