RPCC COURSE: Rigger I Beginner (one week course):
An NCCCO Certified Rigger Level I can perform simple, repetitive rigging tasks when the load weight, center of gravity, rigging, and rigging configuration are provided or known by the rigger through experience or on-the-job training prior to the rigging activities. Level I Riggers should be able to demonstrate or have knowledge of how to:
- Inspect rigging before use and identify and attach rigging with basic knowledge of hitch configurations, capacities, and basic knots
- Recognize associated hazards
- Signal operations
- Use various types of rigging equipment and basic hitches and their applications
*A 3-day NCCCO Experienced Rigger I course available for the Experienced Rigger that has been out in the field, but now has the need to gain their NCCCO certification.
RPCC COURSE Rigger II Experienced (one week course):
The NCCCO Certified Rigger Level II can demonstrate Rigger Level I knowledge and skills and can select rigging components and procedures based on rigging capacity. A Level II Rigger can perform the following rigging tasks unsupervised:
- Understand load dynamics and associated hazards, estimate load weight and center of gravity, and determine and select rigging based on loading
- Identify and perform pre-use inspection of rigging and lift points
- Identify and attach rigging with knowledge of hitch configurations and load angle factors, rigging capacities, and load integrity
As applicable, Level II Riggers will also have a working knowledge of hoisting equipment, winches, jacks, industrial rollers, and similar equipment.
NCCCO Certified Rigger Exams
Rigger Level I – 60 multiple choice questions/ 60 minutes to complete and a practical examination that demonstrates a candidate’s basic rigging competency
Rigger Level II 40 multiple choice questions/ 60 minutes to complete and a practical examination that demonstrates a candidate’s competency in rigging a load for a level lift and for rotating a load.
This training is conducted at:
RPCC Gonzales Technical Training Center
925 W Edenborne Pkwy, Gonzales, LA 70737 or
RPCC Reserve, LA Campus
181 Regala Park Rd, Reserve, LA 70084
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.