Return to Campus Plan
River Parishes Community College Return-to-Campus Plan spring 2022
Effective January 3, 2022 until further notice
River Parishes Community College’s Leadership Team continues to monitor DHH surge data and recommendations for masking and quarantine. Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, the college will assume the following protocols out of an abundance of caution for the wellness of our students, faculty, and staff:
- Masks are required indoors at all RPCC facilities.
- Limited external meetings with reduced capacity.
- Prospective students allowed to register in-person or virtually.
- Social distancing per current guidance by CDC.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation efforts.
- Encourage vaccination and boosters. Vaccinations and boosters are the best way to protect yourself and reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our community.
- Encourage testing if feeling ill.
- Follow new CDC Guidance for exposures and positive tests. Employees/Students are required to report possible exposure and confirmed COVID-19 infections. All faculty and staff should contact Aarika Dorsey & students should contact Monica Morrison for guidance & remote work qualifications.
- When appropriate, faculty and staff will be able to work from home, with their supervisor’s permission.
- Schedule changes should be confirmed with a supervisor in advance (24-hour notice required).
- Student are encouraged to email or call for assistance with Enrollment, Advising, and Business Office matters.
- Student Services and the Business Office will be open to assist students online and in-person.
- Family members or friends of students will be discouraged from entering the buildings so that social distancing can be accommodated. Clients and other customers will be encouraged to visit the campus only if necessary.
- Students on campus with Enrollment and Advising needs will remain in designated spaces for social distancing purposes with entry limited.
- For students’ convenience and to practice safe distancing, all payments can be made online through student LOLA accounts. Go to the student tab and click “Payment/Payment Plan ” (debit, credit cards, and electronic checks only). Those needing to make cash/check payments may do so at the cashier’s window.
Steps to take after testing positive for COVID or being exposed to a COVID-positive person
- Notify your instructor(s) for instructions on any course(s) not currently taken online.
- Notify your supervisor for direction on teaching/working from home.
- Notify Human Resources for additional direction related to time entry/leave processing (if too ill to work versus self-quarantine).
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.