The U.S. Centers of Disease Control is responding to an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The outbreak started in Wuhan, China, but cases have been identified in Louisiana and across the globe. This section of the RPCC Website will delivery updates and information pertinent to the college, its staff, and students.
Frequently requested contacts
- Admissions Information – LCTCS Prospect Inquiry
- Admissions and Student Services – [email protected]
- Business Office – [email protected]
- Financial Aid – [email protected]
- Human Resources – [email protected]
- Workforce Training – [email protected]
- Work Ready U – [email protected]
- Email not working? – [email protected]
The Louisiana Governor’s Office
On Monday, March 9, the Louisiana Department of Health has reported Louisiana’s first presumptive positive case of COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, a Jefferson Parish resident who is hospitalized in Orleans Parish, Gov. John Bel Edwards announced.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Louisiana Office of Public Health continue to closely monitor this outbreak. The Office of Gov. Edwards has established a Web page to release information specific to the state of Louisiana. (Visit Coronavirus in Louisiana)
Personal Hygiene Tips
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask. CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, like on public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people.
- Find more tips and additional information about COVID-19 on the CDC’s website.
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.