Policy: Exit Counseling
Document Number: 2.030
Title: Exit Counseling (Financial Aid)
Revised Dated: 10/2/18; 10/12/18
Students who receive a Federal Stafford Loan while attending River Parishes Community College are required by the Department of Education to complete the Stafford Loan exit counseling if they graduate, officially or unofficially withdraw from the institution, and/or drop below half-time enrollment (six credits).
Exit Counseling is defined as:
- An online tutorial that provides tips and useful information to help student borrowers manage their loans and understand their rights and responsibilities.
- A tool to assist students with debt management strategies and provide estimated loan payment amounts.
- A requirement for any student that has received a Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and/or Direct Loan.
Students Required to Complete Exit Counseling:
- Graduate: Any student that will complete his/her degree must complete counseling prior to graduation.
- Withdrawn: Any student that has withdrawn from the college.
- Officially withdrawn: The student withdraws from the college through the Registrar’s office.
- Unofficially withdrawn: The college withdraws the student for non-attendance (student has never attended any classes, including online).
- Suspended: Any student suspended from the college must complete counseling
- Anticipation of not attending the next semester: students who plan to transfer or not attend must complete exit counseling.
The Office of Financial Aid will notify loan recipients via email at the end of every semester of the exit counseling requirement.
Those students graduating will be given an Exit Counseling Flyer by an Academic Advisor during their graduation appointment.
Log in to StudentLoans.gov using your FSA ID; Select “Complete Counseling” on the left-hand navigation bar; Select “Exit Counseling” under “Choose Counseling Type”
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education’s central database for federal student aid. Students may visit their website at www.nslds.ed.gov for additional information on loan balances and which agency is serving their loans.
Take the next step
Accomplish your educational and professional goals. Take the next step and apply to join the River Parishes Community College family.
925 W. Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA. 70737
181 Regala Park Road
Reserve, LA. 70084
St. Charles Campus
13145 HWY 90
Boutte, LA. 70039
25250 Tenant Road
Plaquemine, LA. 70764
River Parishes Community College is committed to collaboration, accountability, respect & inclusion,
excellence, and sustainability.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.