Skip to content

River Parishes Community College


Academics at River Parishes Community College

River Parishes Community College, Academic Affairs, includes all technical and transfer credit programs, library services, and college-wide institutional effectiveness. Academic Affairs supports the mission of RPCC through providing leadership, quality service, and instruction that leads to technical certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees for transfer or the workforce.

  1. Academic Programs
  2. Academic Calendars
  3. Catalogs
  4. Online Bookstore
  5. Transfer Resources
  6. Proctored Exams
  7. Transfer and Articulation
  8. RPCC Canvas

Veterans’ Benefits

We would like to thank you for your interest in River Parishes Community College!  The College provides services for Veterans within our Office of Student Services/Financial Aid Office.  The Office of Financial Aid has been trained to assist you in accessing your benefits.  These benefits may include:  assisting you in applying for your G.I. Bill benefits, certifying your enrollment to the Veteran’s Administration for payment each semester, and resolving any issues with payment.  The information below highlights some of the benefits provided by River Parishes Community College, but may not be inclusive of all veteran’s educational benefits programs.  For more information or a complete list, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at or 1-888-442-4551.

Admission to the College

All applicants must complete an online application to River Parishes Community College (RPCC).  Apply Now  Please note that some degree programs require an additional application and/or application materials.

Veterans’ Education Benefits Program

VA educational benefits may be authorized for veterans and qualified dependents under the specific chapters of Title 38, U.S. code (USC).  Each VA education program has distinct eligibility requirements.  RPCC cannot determine your eligibility for any of these programs.  In order to apply for a VA benefit you can obtain an application at  On the back of the application you will find the various VA chapters and the general eligibility requirements for each.  Specific questions regarding the application or eligibility should be directed to 1-888-442-4551.

Credit for Prior Training and Experience

If you receive Veterans educational assistance, you are required by law (38 U.S.C., 1775 and 1776) to provide official transcripts of prior education, training and experience at the time you enroll.  An evaluation of your prior education and training will be conducted.  This evaluation will establish if any of your education, training or experiences will be applied to your degree program and shorten your time at RPCC.  The evaluation will include all materials submitted, including those received while on active duty even if they were not covered by DVA.  Approved credit will appear on your official transcript.

Approved Programs

The DVA will pay an eligible student education benefits for an approved program of education or training.  An approved program is a course of study which the appropriate state approving agency has determined meets the legal requirements for payment of DVA educational assistance. All RPCC approved programs can be found in a Department of Veteran Affairs online database.

Change in Student Status

It is the responsibility of the student to notify your VA representative if you reduce the number of credit hours in which you are enrolled.  This includes if you withdraw from a course, terminate enrollment, or make any other changes that impact your payment status.  Failure to notify your VA representative of the changes in enrollment may result in an overpayment of your benefits.  If this occurs the DVA will collect all overpayments from the student.

Change of Address

The student must notify RPCC and the VA representative of any change of address.

Repeating Subjects

The DVA will not pay for a student to repeat a course if you have received a passing grade for the course previously.  The DVA will pay for a course to be repeated if: you receive a grade of an “F” in the course and it is required for graduation or if you receive a “D” in a course for which a minimum grade of “C” is required.

Students Called to Active Duty

If you are called to active duty (National Guard, Reservist, Discharged Veteran), please contact the VA representative at RPCC immediately.  You will need to provide a copy of your orders.

Yellow Ribbon Program

RPCC does not currently participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

New Veteran Student Checklist

  • Printable GI Bill Checklist for new students
  • Submit an online application and declare a major.
  • Submit a “Certificate of Eligibility” to the VA Representative.
  • Apply for financial aid.
  • Submit transcripts of all previous education, training or experience.
  • Submit immunization records.
  • Register for classes.
  • Submit the RPCC VA EDUCATION ENROLLMENT FORM to your School Certifying Official or the Financial Aid Office.
  • The VA Representative will complete your enrollment verification each semester.  Please email  regarding any questions or concerns you may have.