2021-2022 FAFSA Now Available
Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
River Parishes Community College is dedicated to the philosophy that no student who desires a college education should be denied the opportunity because of a lack of funds. Therefore, River Parishes Community College seeks to assist students in financing the costs associated with their education through federal, state, local and institutional programs. To the extent possible, students are aided in meeting their educational expenses through the various forms of financial assistance programs available. Financial aid programs available to River Parishes Community College students vary by type, source, eligibility criteria and application procedures.
Financial Aid Reminders
- Students should check LoLA, CANVAS and their emails on a regular basis for all updates.
- Satisfactory academic progress is evaluated at the end of each semester and before aid is initially awarded.
- Summer Loans require submission of Summer Loan Request Form.
- Class schedules will not be held for students who are missing financial aid documents or awaiting an appeal decision, payment must be secured.
- Book vouchers are automatically generated each semester for eligible students; no need to apply.
All students are responsible for securing classes by the doing one of the following by the published deadline for the semester:
- Completing the Financial Aid Process (Have pending/authorized aid on student account)
- Paying in full
- Setting up a payment
Questions regarding payment options? Please see the RPCC’s Business Office.
- First-time borrowers are required to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and the Entrance Counseling before funds can be disbursed.
- Disbursement of financial aid funds is done after the 14th class day when attendance is reported by the instructors and is checked by the Office of Financial Aid.
- First-time Freshman disbursements of loan funds are delayed until 30 days after the semester begins.
Aid Priority Dates:
Summer Semester: April 1st
Fall Semester: June 1st
Spring Semester: November 1st
If FAFSA has not been completed by this date, the student’s financial aid may not be processed before the payment deadline. Therefore, the students will be responsible for securing payment until their financial aid is verified and processed.
To qualify for a book voucher, students must have an accepted award posted and authorized aid that exceeds tuition and fee balance for the semester.
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Appeals:
The Satisfactory Academic Appeal (SAP) Form, appeal statement, performance plan and supporting documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by the stated deadline to ensure the Satisfactory Academic Appeals Committee will make a decision prior to the payment deadline.
See Related Pages