River Parishes Community College is dedicated to the philosophy that no student who desires a college education should be denied the opportunity because of a lack of funds. Therefore, River Parishes Community College seeks to assist students in financing the costs associated with their education through federal, state, local and institutional programs. To the extent possible, students are aided in meeting their educational expenses through the various forms of financial assistance programs available. Financial aid programs available to River Parishes Community College students vary by type, source, eligibility criteria and application procedures.
Spring Financial Aid Reminders
- Academic progress is evaluated at the end of each semester or before aid is initially awarded.
- Summer class schedules will not be held for students who are missing financial aid documents or waiting for an appeal decision, payment must be secured.
- Check LoLA on a regular basis for all updates.
All students are responsible for payment by the published deadline of January 3, 2019.
- Completing financial aid processes
- Setting up a payment plan
- Paying with cash, check or credit card
Financial Aid Deadlines:
December 3, 2018 – Priority deadline for spring processing.
If FAFSA is not complete by this date, you may not be processed before the payment deadline. You are responsible for securing payment until financial aid is verified and processed.
December 17, 2018 – All requested financial aid documents must be submitted to the financial aid office in order to qualify for a book voucher.
Financial Aid Appeals:
- December 17, 2018 — The Satisfactory Academic Appeal (SAP) Form, appeal statement, performance plan and supporting documents must be submitted to ensure the Financial Aid Appeals Committee will make a decision prior to the payment deadline.
- February 11, 2019 — Final opportunity to submit an appeal for the Spring 2019 semester. No appeals will be considered after this deadline has passed.
See Related Pages