HIGH SKILL, HIGH WAGE, HIGH DEMAND
What does a Non-Destructive Testing Technician do?
A nondestructive technician tests the integrity of structures, equipment, vessels and piping without destroying them. They also test mechanical and structural components for transport structures like piping, bridges and tunnels, as container systems in processing plants such as pipelines, tanks and vessels.
What is the average salary?
Average wage $15.61—28.96/hr or based on experience and number of hours worked:
$57,807 annually for level 1, $83,739 annually for level 2, $103,991 annually for level 3
When is the training offered?
Training is offered in the evenings after work hours for your convenience and you can start a module at anytime!
Where is the training conducted?
River Parishes Community College (Gonzales, LA) – Technical Training Center (Room T-122)
3 Easy Ways to Register:
- Visit our website at www.rpcc.edu to register
- Scroll to bottom and select “FUTURE STUDENTS”
- Scroll to bottom and select “Workforce Training”
- From left side of screen, select “Apply Now for Workforce Training”
- Create an account
- Follow instructions to register.
- Pay the course deposit or pay the course in full on line with debit or credit card.
- Visit RPCC – Technical Center at 925 W. Edenborne Parkway, Gonzales, LA 70737 for registration and cash payment.
- Call us at 225-743-8500 or 225-743-8650 for assistance in registering.
Non-Destructive Testing Modules (NDT)
- Intro to NDT / Professional Development – 12 hr module FREE
- TABE Assessment in Mathematics – 2 hr test, Free with Registration
- Industrial Math Prep for NDT – Free with Registration
- Industrial Radiation Safety for Radiographers – 40 hr module $500
- Radiographic Testing Level I – 40 hr module $500
- Radiographic Testing Level II – 40 hr module $500
- Radiographic Film Interpretation – 20 hr module $250
- Profile Radiography – 24 hr module $300
- LADEQ Industrial Radiography State Test Prep Class – 20 hr module $250
- Visual Testing Levels I & II – 24 hr module $300
- Liquid Penetrant Testing Levels I & II – 16 hr module $200
- Magnetic Particle Testing Level I & II – 24 hr module $300
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement – 40 hr module $500
- Positive Material Identification (PMI) – 24 hr module $300
- Ferrite Testing – 20 hr module – $250
- Hardness Testing – 20 hr module – $250
SAVE WITH BUNDLE PRICING…. Purchase by the “bundle” prior to starting a bundle and get a 20% discount ! ! ! See Below:
BUNDLE #1 — Radiographic NDT (above 6 modules with purple pricing) = $1,840 (a savings of $460.00!!!)
BUNDLE #2 — Alternative NDT Methods (above 7 modules with orange pricing) = $1,680 (a savings of $420.00!!!)
NEW BUNDLE PRICING EFFECTIVE 10/01/2018.
PLEASE NOTE: The total price for all modules purchased separately prior to each start date is $4,400.00. New Bundle Pricing when purchased prior to starting your NDT bundle … saves you $880.00.
- Course Bundle Pricing is non-refundable. If you do not take/complete all of the modules in that bundle.
- All payments are due in FULL by the start of the course.
River Parishes Community College operates in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the 1962 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The College is also in compliance with the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (P.L. 93-380) as amended by the (P.L. 95-568).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SUCCESS . . .
- Take advantage of the FREE Math Skills Assessment & Industrial Math Prep for NDT, especially if you have been out of school for a few years.
- Join the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) and attend the local meetings (Atchafalaya Section) to network with industry professionals and potential employers.
- Get your TWIC card.