LCTCS, WRU Scholarship Info
WorkReady U, through the Foundation for Louisiana’s Community and Technical Colleges, is providing financial assistance to WRU graduates who enroll in a LCTCS college.
Annually, up to $25,000 will be designated for scholarship awards. Awards will be available for four (4) consecutive semesters (based on eligibility) in amounts of:
$250.00 for part-time students (6 – 11 credit hours)
$500.00 for full-time students (12 + credit hours)
Awards are for one semester only. Recipients may re-apply for three additional consecutive semesters. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the LCTCS college.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
1. Must be a graduate of a WorkReady U program.
2. Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours in a LCTCS college.
3. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Renewal Eligibility Criteria
1. Must have achieved satisfactory academic progress in accordance with LCTCS Policy
1. A completed application by 11:59 PM, Central Standard Time on the applicable due
Fall – July 1
Spring – October 1
Summer – April 1
2. Student Statement must include (minimum of 500 words):
• Financial need
• Educational goals
• Career goals
• How will this scholarship impact your goals?
The scholarship is intended for use at a Louisiana Community and Technical College and is non-transferable among LCTCS colleges.
The WorkReady U Scholarship Awards are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. The LCTCS Foundation and WorkReady U will not
award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award scholarships in a given semester, year.