Staff Vacancy: Assistant Registrar
To be considered, applicants must be currently employed at RPCC.
Appointed by the Chancellor of the College upon recommendation of the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
LINE AND STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
Directly responsible to Registrar
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position assists the Registrar in managing student records and registration. The position also assists the Registrar in providing quality service to internal customers (students, faculty, & administration) and external customers (transfer institutions & other reporting agencies).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND AUTHORITY
- Maintain current awareness of regulatory compliance policies and process.
- Responsible for monthly enrollment submission to the National Student Clearinghouse and ensure that enrollment information is reported accurately to the National Student Loan Data Systems.
- Assists with compiling data for external audits.
- Monitors the degree audit system in Banner, including, maintaining, and updating program/curriculum requirements.
- Ensures effective and efficient use of information systems. Maintains knowledge of current and new emerging technologies. Makes recommendations on how best to utilize information systems to support student-services operations.
- Identifies and communicates relevant and important information, issues, clarifications, updates and changes within and external to the Office of the Registrar as appropriate.
- Assists in the interpretation of academic regulations and ensure that proper University academic record policies and procedures are understood and followed by all constituents.
- Advises the Office of the Registrar on best practices in policies and procedures while maintaining and improving University functions.
- Leads and participates in a multitude of short-term and long-term projects intended to enhance and improve processes used throughout the Office of the Registrar to serve students, faculty, staff, alumni, and government agencies.
- Assist students, faculty and staff with all registrar related activities, policies and procedures.
- Oversee record maintenance functions for all Office of the Registrar files, including imaged and archived files.
- Assist with the training and supervising of staff within the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide oversight of the Office of the Registrar in the absence of the Registrar.
- Other duties as assigned by the Registrar
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a higher education setting related to curriculum, academic affairs, registration, and/or advising as professional staff and/or faculty
- Experience with student information systems (SIS)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address administrative and personnel issues with professionalism, ethics, and a clear sense of institutional needs and priorities;
- Demonstrated experience providing student centered customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and software (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, creativity, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong organizational and management skills
SALARY: Will be commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION PERIOD: 10/14/19 – 10/20/19.
*Posted October 14, 2019