A proctored exam is an exam that is supervised by an approved, neutral person (a proctor) who ensures the identity of the test taker and the integrity of the test-taking environment. Some RPCC instructors require proctored testing for online course exams and make-up exams.
Students can take proctored exams by working with their instructor to arrange an appointment or by using online proctoring through ProctorU (paid service).
ProctorU information and fees
Students are responsible for all exam fees for each exam
Log into Canvas and go to the Canvas and eLearning Orientation for Students course site to see ProctorU fees.
Scheduling a ProctorU exam at least 72 hours prior to the test time will cost less than scheduling at the last minute.
Students will need the following to utilize ProctorU services:
- Webcam with 640×480 video pixel resolution and microphone on a working computer
- High Speed Internet
- Well-lit room with no other people in the room
- Two forms of photo identification
- A credit or debit card to pay for the appointment during the scheduling process
RPCC does not provide computers with webcams. Students who have their own laptops may reserve a Study Room in the Library as a quiet place to take their ProctorU exam.
- Learn how ProctorU remote proctoring works
- Get technical requirements
- Test your computer and equipment
- Review frequently asked questions
Students should contact their instructor regarding tests proctored by ProctorU. Only instructors can authorize and upload a ProctorU test for students.