A proctored exam is an exam that is supervised by an approved, neutral person (a proctor) who ensures the identity of the test taker and the integrity of the test-taking environment. Some RPCC instructors require proctored testing for online course exams and make-up exams.
Students can take proctored exams by working with their instructor to arrange an appointment or by using online proctoring through Honorlock (a paid service).
Students with accommodations can contact TRIO at 225-743-8500 for information about in-person proctoring.
Instructions for taking exams will be provided by your instructor.
HonorLock information and fees
Students are responsible for all exam fees
Log into Canvas and go to the Canvas and eLearning Orientation for Students course site to see information on Honorlock cost per course for unlimited exams for the semester in that course.
Students will need the following to utilize Honorlock services:
- A working webcam, microphone, and laptop or desktop computer
- Chrome internet browser and the Honorlock Chrome extension
- High-speed internet
- A quiet, well-lit room with no other people in the room
- A government-issued photo ID (driver license or student ID with picture)
- A credit or debit card to pay the Honorlock fee in your course
- Honorlock provides answers to frequently asked questions on their website
Students who have their own laptops may reserve a Study Room in the Library as a quiet place to take their online proctored exam. RPCC Library has a limited number of laptops for students to borrow if they do not have their own.