General Requirements for Associate Degrees
In order to earn an associate’s degree at RPCC, students must complete the general degree requirements listed below.
- Students must be fully admitted to RPCC as a regularly enrolled student.
- Students must pass CCSS 1100 with a “C” or higher in order to graduate
- By the degree conferral date, students must successfully complete all requirements for the degree(s) being pursued.
Students must earn the credit hours for their degree programs by completing all required courses.
- Grades of “C” or better must be earned in all courses required for the Associate of Arts/Louisiana Transfer, the Associate of Science/Louisiana Transfer, and the Associate of Science in Teaching degrees. Students completing the Associate of General Studies degree must earn grades of “C” or better in all general education English and math courses and all concentration courses.
- All RPCC degree programs have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.00 at time of graduation. This policy applies to both institutional and adjusted cumulative GPA.
- Students seeking an Associate of Science in Teaching must have a 2.00 RPCC GPA and a 2.50 adjusted cumulative GPA at time of graduation.
- It should be noted that a student meeting GPA requirements for graduation does not guarantee that they will meet institutional requirements for admission into another college/university or into any specific program or major. Students are responsible for obtaining and understanding information about admission into other institutions and their programs.
- To satisfy RPCC’s residency requirement, students must complete 25 percent of the coursework for each degree at RPCC. Additionally, the last 12 hours of the coursework must be completed in residence at RPCC.
Please note that some degree programs may have graduation requirements in addition to those noted above.
Graduating With Honors
River Parishes Community College distinguishes honor students based on the following GPA requirements:
- Honor’s graduates have an overall GPA between 3.00 and 3.49
- Dean’s Honor graduates have an overall GPA between 3.50 and 3.79
- Chancellor’s Honor graduates have an overall GPA between 3.80 and 4.00
These distinctions are noted on a graduate’s transcript.