Skip to content

River Parishes Community College


Academics at River Parishes Community College

River Parishes Community College, Academic Affairs, includes all technical and transfer credit programs, library services, and college-wide institutional effectiveness. Academic Affairs supports the mission of RPCC through providing leadership, quality service, and instruction that leads to technical certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees for transfer or the workforce.

  1. Academic Programs
  2. Academic Calendars
  3. Catalog and Student Handbook
  4. Online Bookstore
  5. Transfer Resources
  6. Transfer and Articulation
  7. RPCC Canvas

Complaints and Grievances

Informal & Formal Resolution Procedures

The informal resolution process shall apply to situations in which a student’s request for an accommodation has been denied by the Office of Student Services and to those where a student is having difficulties with an instructor and his/her accommodations. Please read the sections that follow for more information.

To file an informal grievance, the student must

  • Disability Services Coordinator
    • Any student who disagrees with the academic accommodation(s) or other services determined by the Disability Services Coordinator should express his/her concerns and be prepared to provide alternative solutions to the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
  • Instructor
    • If a student has difficulty with a faculty member, he/she should first try to clarify his/her needs during an individual appointment or the instructor’s office hours. If the student is not comfortable with this approach, the student may contact the Disability Services Coordinator for assistance in speaking with the instructor. The Disability Services Coordinator will work with the faculty member and the student to resolve the situation.

To file a formal grievance, the student must

  1. Prepare a written statement of complaint or concern that includes the exact nature of the concern, involved parties, and any available written documentation or evidence that is relevant to the complaint
  2. Complete the General Grievance Form.
  3. To all written submissions of complaint or concern and will determine the process for addressing the complaint appropriate to the nature of the complaint/concern.
  4. Student will receive written notification of action taken to address the complaint from the Chief Student Affairs Officer (CSAO).

Students have the right to file complaints with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). OCR’s contact information for the state of Louisiana is:

Dallas Office
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1620
Dallas, Texas 75201-6810

Telephone: 214-661-9600
FAX: 214-661-9587;
TDD: 877-521-2172