Completing an Associate of Arts/Science Louisiana Transfer Degree (AALT/ASLT) at RPCC
- A student’s placement in English and math courses will be determined by ACT, SAT, and/or COMPASS scores. As a result of these scores, some students may be required to take developmental classes in preparation for the English and math classes required for the transfer degree. Note: When appropriate, previous college work will be used to determine placement in these subject areas.
- A course may be applied only once for degree credit.
- Transfer coursework is unofficial until all official transcripts are evaluated and posted.
- To graduate with the AALT or ASLT, students must have RPCC and adjusted cumulative grade-point averages of 2.00.
- Students should refer to the RPCC General Catalog for a detailed explanation of graduation requirements.
- Students must pass CCSS 1100 in order to graduate.
Transferring to a University with an AALT or ASLT Degree
Advising and planning are key to a student’s success in maximizing the transfer experience. All students who might eventually transfer from one institution to another should develop, with an advisor’s assistance, a written degree plan of courses to take for the transfer associate degree. Whenever possible, students should use the transfer degree requirements to satisfy the admission requirements of the university to which they wish to transfer; the university’s senior college, departmental, and/or program admission requirements; and course requirements for the baccalaureate degree. Additionally, a student with coursework from multiple institutions may need to contact the Campus Transfer Ombudsman* at the transfer university for information regarding the applicability of non-RPCC coursework toward the intended major at the university.
Completion of the AALT or ASLT does not guarantee that a student will have the grade-point average necessary for admission to the university, senior college, department, program, etc, to which a student wishes to transfer. It is therefore essential that students find out these requirements* as early as possible.
*To identify the Campus Transfer Ombudsman (or designated contact person) or GPA requirements for the university to which you wish to transfer, visit the statewide articulation web site http://regents.louisiana.gov/, Links to each participating institution’s articulation web site can be found here with other helpful academic resources.
Completion of the Associate of Arts/Science Louisiana Transfer (AALT, ASLT) degree guarantees that the student has met, in full, all lower division general education requirements at the receiving Louisiana public university. Graduates transferring with the transfer degree will have junior status. Courses or GPA requirements for specific majors, departments, or schools are not automatically satisfied by an AALT/ASLT degree.