Most Recent Update
River Parishes Community College Return-to-Campus Plan (PDF version)
Effective August 1, 2020 (and until further notice)
We intend is to serve the needs of our students, customers, and stakeholders while placing top priority on the health and safety of both students, guests, and employees. FOR ALL ACTIVITIES conducted on our campuses, we will be working within the CDC and state guidelines for limiting and controlling exposure to others with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), social distancing, and COVID-19 symptom monitoring, as well as aggressive sanitation practices.
- Campus hours will return to regular schedule including evening hours, effective August 1, 2020.
- Services to our students and customers will be provided to accommodate their needs – this may be a combination of in-person and on-line methods.
- As appropriate, faculty and staff will be able, with their supervisor’s permission, to work from home.
- Confirm schedule with supervisor in advance (24-hour notice required).
- Student are encouraged to email or call for assistance with Enrollment, Advising, and Business Office matters.
- Student Services and the Business Office will be open to assist students on-line and in-person
- Non-students such as family members or friends will be discouraged from entering the buildings so that social distancing can be accommodated. Clients and other customers will be encouraged to visit the campus only if necessary.
- Students on campus with Enrollment and Advising needs will remain in designated spaces for social distancing purposes with entry limited.
- For students’ convenience and to practice safe distancing, all payments can be made online through student LOLA accounts. Go to the student tab and click “Payment/Payment Plan ” (debit, credit cards and electronic checks only) Those needing to make cash/check payments may do so at the cashier window.
- Individuals are expected to follow CDC guidance including social distancing and hand washing.
- Social distancing should occur in all public/common areas (i.e. library, hallways, restrooms). Please wait to enter if someone is already in the area and using the
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout the
- Protective masks are always to be worn in all public/common areas.
- You may remove the mask while working alone in your designated workspace.
- All individuals entering campuses are encouraged to use their own mask but will be provided a mask to retain for future use/re-entry if no personal mask is
- Masks do not have to worn outdoors unless social distancing cannot be accomplished.
- Masks do not have to be worn in labs that require face-shields (such as welding).
- Common areas and vending machines remain closed so plan
- Cleaning and disinfecting will occur throughout the day and after classes conclude at end of
Check-In Procedures (Gonzales, Plaquemine, Reserve)
- Single point of entry and exit (do not use side doors).
- COVID-19 CDC Guidelines will be posted in common areas and at entrances. The guidelines will explain that no one should enter any RPCC building or exterior training area if you:
- are currently experiencing or have experienced in the last 14 days any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sneezing loss of smell and/or taste, persistent headaches, fatigue, diarrhea, sore throat,
- have been asked by a health official to self-quarantine and have not been released,
- have been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any symptoms noted above withing the last 14 days,
- have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- traveled to a restricted area under a level 2, 3, or 4 Advisory by the CDC.
- Prior to entrance, every individual must receive a thermal scan temperature check and will be allowed entrance if temperature is less than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Disinfect hands and distribute face masks (see requirements above).
- After check-in, each person will receive a wrist band for that day; the wristband must be worn at all times while on campus as no one without a wristband will be allowed entry into any building or exterior training area.
- Students and staff are required to stay home when sick and will be required to leave if they become sick while on campus. Notify your instructor or supervisor immediately by email and contact your health care provider.
Actions to take if you experience Exposure to a COVID Positive Person
or Test Positive for COVID
- Notify your instructor(s) for instructions on any course(s) not currently taken online.
- See Return to Campus Self-Certification
- Notify your supervisor for direction on teaching/working from home.
- Notify Human Resources for additional direction related to time entry/leave processing (too ill to work versus self-quarantine).
- See Return to Campus Self-Certification