River Parishes Community College Return-to-Campus Plan (PDF version)
Effective August 1, 2020, until further notice
We intend to serve the needs of our students, customers, and stakeholders while placing high priorities on their health and safety. For ALL ACTIVITIES conducted on our campuses, we will be working within CDC and state guidelines for limiting and controlling COVID-19 exposure with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), social distancing, symptom monitoring, and aggressive sanitation practices.
- Previously observed campus hours, including evening hours, will return on August 1, 2020.
- Services to our students and customers will be provided to accommodate their needs. This may be a combination of in-person and online services.
- When appropriate, faculty and staff will be able to work from home, with their supervisor’s permission.
- Schedule changes should be confirmed with a supervisor in advance (24-hour notice required).
- Student are encouraged to email or call for assistance with Enrollment, Advising, and Business Office matters.
- Student Services and the Business Office will be open to assist students online and in-person.
- Family members or friends of students will be discouraged from entering the buildings so that social distancing can be accommodated. Clients and other customers will be encouraged to visit the campus only if necessary.
- Students on campus with Enrollment and Advising needs will remain in designated spaces for social distancing purposes with entry limited.
- For students’ convenience and to practice safe distancing, all payments can be made online through student LOLA accounts. Go to the student tab and click “Payment/Payment Plan ” (debit, credit cards, and electronic checks only). Those needing to make cash/check payments may do so at the cashier’s window.
- Individuals are expected to follow CDC guidance including social distancing and frequent hand washing.
- Social distancing should occur in all public/common areas (i.e. library, hallways, restrooms). Please wait to enter if someone is already in an area and using equipment.
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout the buildings.
- Face masks should be worn in all public/common areas.
- You may remove the mask while working alone in your designated workspace.
- All individuals entering campuses are encouraged to use their own mask but anyone without one will be given a mask for future use.
- Masks do not have to worn outdoors unless social distancing can’t be accomplished.
- Masks do not have to be worn in labs that require face-shields (such as welding).
- Student Louge is open for vending and food consumption only. Social congregating is reserved for patio areas.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will occur throughout the day and at end of the day.
Check-In Procedures (Gonzales, Plaquemine, Reserve, St. Charles)
- Single point of entry and exit (do not use side doors).
- COVID-19 CDC Guidelines will be posted in common areas and at entrances. The guidelines will explain that no one should enter any RPCC building or exterior training area if they:
- are currently experiencing or have experienced in the last 14 days any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sneezing, loss of smell and/or taste, persistent headaches, fatigue, diarrhea, sore throat.
- have been asked by a health official to self-quarantine and have not been released.
- have been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any symptoms noted above within the last 14 days.
- have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- traveled to a restricted area under a level 2, 3, or 4 Advisory by the CDC.
- Prior to entrance, every individual must receive a thermal scan temperature check and will be allowed entrance if temperature is less than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Disinfect hands and use face masks (see requirements above).
- After check-in, each person will receive a wristband for that day; the wristband must always be worn while on campus because no one without a wristband will be allowed entry into any building or exterior training area.
- Students and staff are required to stay home when sick and will be required to leave if they become sick while on campus. Notify your instructor or supervisor immediately by email and contact your healthcare provider.
Steps to take after testing positive for COVID or being exposed to a COVID-positive person
- Notify your instructor(s) for instructions on any course(s) not currently taken online.
- See Return to Campus Self-Certification
- Notify your supervisor for direction on teaching/working from home.
- Notify Human Resources for additional direction related to time entry/leave processing (if too ill to work versus self-quarantine).
- See Return to Campus Self-Certification