Refund Disbursement Procedures
Student financial aid is awarded and disbursed by academic term or semester. River Parishes Community College begins disbursing aid after the 14th class day of the term or semester, assuming all requirements are met.
Application review, verification (if selected), and awarding of aid must be completed before aid can be disbursed. All financial aid is disbursed directly to a student’s LoLA account. The funds are used to pay tuition, fees, in addition to book voucher purchases, if applicable. Any remaining credit balance is issued to the student as a refund.
Each student will need to log into their Lola account and select a refund preference.
1. Deposit to An Existing Account – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from the college. Typically, it takes 1-2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to the students account.
2. Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Checking Account – If the student opens a BankMobile checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from the college.
River Parishes Community College will NOT issue refund checks, so students MUST select a refund preference.
How to Select Your Refund Preference
Please follow the instructions below to set up your refund disbursement preference:
1. Log in to LoLA.
2. Click on Student that is highlighted under Self Service Banner.
3. Locate the Section entitled “My Account” for River Parishes Community College.
4. Click on Select Refund Choice (you will be re-routed to Bank Mobile to set up your account).
Please refer to the BankMobile Refund Choices page for more information
Note: A student must maintain financial aid eligibility for an award to be disbursed and a refund generated.