Skip to content

River Parishes Community College


Academics at River Parishes Community College

River Parishes Community College, Academic Affairs, includes all technical and transfer credit programs, library services, and college-wide institutional effectiveness. Academic Affairs supports the mission of RPCC through providing leadership, quality service, and instruction that leads to technical certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees for transfer or the workforce.

  1. Academic Programs
  2. Academic Calendars
  3. Catalog and Student Handbook
  4. Online Bookstore
  5. Transfer Resources
  6. Transfer and Articulation
  7. RPCC Canvas

Terms and Conditions

Award Terms and Conditions

Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to comply with the rules and
regulations that govern the programs for aid as well as the policies of this institution. Your
award is subject to change if corrections or revisions are made to t he information you
provided on your applications for aid.

Additional Assistance
If you receive additional funds not listed on your Award Notice (scholarships, departmental
awards, etcetera) report them immediately to the Financial Aid Office. Your aid may be
adjusted as a result of these funds. You will be notified in writing of any resulting changes
in your eligibility for aid.

Previously Received Title IV Aid
You must not be in default on any federal educational loans, or owe any refunds on federal
grants received at any post-secondary institution to receive federal student aid.

Use of Funds
Funds received through financial assistance programs may only be used for educationally –
related expenses incurred for the academic year. All federal aid will be app lied directly to
your institutional charges, which may include: tuition, fees, and other allowable charges.
Funds in excess of these charges will be paid to you within 14 days of the existing credit
balance, unless otherwise authorized by you in writing.

Enrollment Requirements
Generally you must be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program to receive
financial aid. Because aid programs can have specific enrollment requirements (i.e. must be
enrolled six hours, etc…), be sure to check your award s for their minimum enrollment status

Withdrawal from coursework may jeopardize your current and future financial aid eligibility.
If you withdraw or are asked to withdraw, you must inform the Office of Financial Aid
immediately. Depending on the length of your enrollment for the academic period, you may
be required to repay all or part of the aid you received.

Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the measure of a student’s successful completion
of coursework toward a certificate or degree. Federal regulations require schools to monitor
cumulative grade point average and the percentage of coursework completed at least once
a year. Students who fail to achieve minimum standards may lose their eligibility for federal,
state and institutional financial aid programs.