Applying for Financial Aid
1. Be admitted to River Parishes Community College in a degree program. Apply Online.
Financial Aid Priority Dates:
|Fall Semester||April 15th|
|Spring Semester||November 1st|
|Summer Semester||March 1st|
How to Apply for Financial Aid
STEP 1: Create a FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
STEP 2: Complete your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Complete the entire application (enter “0” if not applicable).
- Enter RPCC’s school code 037894 in “School Selection”.
- Sign the application with your FSA ID (and your parents, if dependent).
- Submit application.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail from FAFSA.
*Please allow 5-7 business days after the receipt of e-mail for RPCC to retrieve your information.
STEP 3: Log in to your LOLA account to check the status of your financial aid/awards.***
- If you are selected for verification, additional documents will be requested. (The documents being requested of you will be located under “Financial Aid” on LOLA.)
- The financial aid office will make any necessary corrections.
- When your application is completely processed by the financial aid office, your award information will be available on LOLA.
- Students may accept, reduce, or decline financial aid offers using LOLA.
*If you are accepting a loan for the first time, you are required to complete an Entrance Counseling Session and electronically sign a Mastery Promissory Note (MPN) online at www.studentloans.gov.
If you have already completed a FAFSA for your present school, log back onto that FAFSA, add RPCC’s school code (037894), sign with your FSA ID and submit.
**All students are encouraged to log on to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at www.nslds.ed.gov using his/her Federal Student Aid PIN and view Pell grant and/or student loan usage.
Online Student Access to Financial Aid
- Logon to https://www.rpcc.edu.
- Click on LOLA and log in.
- Enter your User Name and Password in the empty blocks provided, and click Login.
- Click on River Parish Community College in the Self Service block.
- Click on Financial Aid tab (select aid year)
- Select Financial Aid Status (to view overall status, academic progress, cost of attendance, financial awards, and messages)
- Select Eligibility (to review financial aid holds and document requirements; display academic progress history)
- Click on all hyperlinks (highlighted in blue/purple) for more information.
- Instructions are listed for each document.
- Select Award (view account summary; review awards; accept award offers; display award payment schedule; view loan applications; review withdrawal information)
To accept Award:
- Click on Award for Aid Year.
- Select aid year and submit.
- Click on Terms and Conditions review information posted.
- Click on Accept Award Offer. (Loan awards may be reduced or declined)