Not ready to apply? We can get the ball rolling by finding out a little bit about you and what you might need from the college.
Application for Admission
After submitting an online application, it is recommended that you submit the following:
- Immunization Compliance Form (If not completed in the application)
- Official Copy of College Transcripts (when applicable)
- Official Copy of High School Transcripts
- Selective Service status: Federal law requires that most male U.S. citizens and male immigrants residing in the United States (permanent resident aliens), age 18-25, register with the Selective Service. Selective Service registration is required before enrolling or qualifying for financial aid. You must do one of the following: Register for draft | Show proof of exempt status
– OR –
- Official Copy of GED Certificate (when applicable); HiSet request
If you attend a high school in Louisiana, and graduated after 2003, RPCC may be able to obtain your high school transcript from the Department of Education Student Transcript System (STS). Unaccredited Louisiana High School graduates, GED recipients, Louisiana High School graduates prior to 2003 and Home Study graduates must submit official proof of graduation or bring original diploma to the Office of Admissions in order to qualify for Financial Aid.
All cross enrolled students with LTC- Region 9 Campuses, Southeastern, Nicholls, and Southern University at New Orleans must complete the cross enrollment application through their home institution. Please do not submit online applications.
Please mail to:
P.O. Box 2367
Gonzales, LA 70707
Immunization Compliance Form
Louisiana Law (R.S. 17:170.1/Schools of Higher Learning) requires all students entering River Parishes Community College to be immunized for the following: Measles (2 doses), Mumps, Rubella – required for those born on or after January 1, 1957; Tetanus-Diptheria (within the past 10 years); and against Meningococcal disease (Meningitis). The guidelines below are for the purpose of implementing the requirements of Louisiana R.S. 17:170.1. The guidelines will help meet the established recommendations for control of vaccine-preventable diseases as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices to the United States Public Health Service (ACIP), and the American College Health Association (ACHA). Students not meeting the MMR & TD requirement will be prevented from registering for subsequent semesters. The registration of these students will not be completed until they have compiled with the meningococcal vaccination requirement.
- Measles Requirement: Two (2) doses of live vaccine given at any age, except that the vaccine must have been given on or after the first birthday, in 1968 or later, and without Immune Globulin. A second dose of measles vaccine must meet this same requirement, but should not have been given within 30 days of the first dose. A history of physician-diagnosed measles is acceptable for establishing immunity, but should be accepted with caution unless your were the diagnosing physician.
- Rubella and Mumps Requirement: At least one (1) dose each of rubella and mumps vaccine
- Tetanus-Diptheria Requirement: A booster dose of vaccine given within the past ten (10) years. Students can be considered to have completed a primary series earlier in life, unless they stat otherwise.
- Meningitis Requirement: One (1) dose of Menomune (MPSV4) or Menactra (MCV4) preferably at entrance into college.