FAQ For Grant Awardees
I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY AWARD – WHO DO I ASK?
Financial questions concerning any FEDERALLY and STATE funded grants should be directed to Angela Colar-Brumfield, Restricted Funds Accountant.
*** Principal Investigators must receive prior approval from the Restricted Funds Accountant before contacting a granting agency concerning an award.
Restricted Funds Accountant, Angela Colar-Brumfield
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY QUARTERLY AND ANNUAL REPORTS?
All grants require at least a final report and most require interim reports. To maintain compliance, please forward all reports to Angela Colar-Brumfield for final submission at email@example.com . For any report assistance, please contact Angela.
HOW DO I SUBMIT A GRANT PURCHASE REQUISITION?
STEPS FOR PURCHASE REQUISITIONS
- Please plan with allowable time in mind for processing, ordering and shipping of orders.
- Review the monthly budget summaries saved to the RF Grants drive for funds availability. If you need access to the RF Grants drive or you have any funding questions, please contact the Restricted Funds Accountant.
- For questions related to an expense being allowable, please contact the Restricted Funds Accountant.
- Choose a vendor and complete the Grant purchase requisition form with all pertinent information (i.e. vendor, item number, item name, printout of shopping cart if applicable, price and shipping).
- In all cases, shipping must be included. Sometimes in speaking with the vendor, the shipping cost is given as an estimate, which is ok, but a cost must go there even if “0.”
- Make sure to sign as Principal Investigator and obtain approval signature from your Supervisor.
- Deliver the signed requisition to the Restricted Funds Accountant for processing.
HOW DO I PLAN AND BOOK GRANT TRAVEL?
STEPS FOR TRAVEL
- Current state travel regulations must be followed and can be found at www.doa.state.la.us.osp.travel.traveloffice.htm
- A completed “Grant Funded Authorization to Travel” form, with appropriate approval signatures by your Supervisor, Vice Chancellor and the Chancellor, must be completed PRIOR to submitting to the Restricted Funds Accountant and at least ten business days BEFORE travel.
- All travel arrangements are prepared and purchased through a designated RPCC Short’s Travel Administrator within the business office.
- To be reimbursed for travel expenses, the Grant Travel Reimbursement AND the Grant Funded Authorization to Travel forms must be submitted to the Restricted Funds Accountant within ten business days of returning. Reimbursement claims must include all details requested on the form, all original itemized receipts for taxi, tips, parking, tolls, baggage fees and etc. must also be attached.