RPCC Vision and Mission
Vision & Mission Statement
Vision: As the premier post-secondary learning resource for the River Parishes, River Parishes Community College will be the destination of choice for education.
River Parishes Community College is an open admission institution that partners with the communities and businesses of the river parishes region of Louisiana to provide workforce training, certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
RPCC serves its constituents through the following Core College Initiatives. These Core College Initiatives are central to the College’s strategic planning and data are collected, reported, and are used in RPCC’s continuous improvement processes. These Core College Initiatives are:
- Access – Identify, assess, and meet community needs to promote and increase open access to the College.
Provide students with appropriate education, training, and student services at moderate cost, convenient times, and accessible locations to increase their success in certificate, diploma, associate or baccalaureate studies or in the State’s workforce.
- Student Success – Enhance the quality of academic instruction through a continued focus on student learning outcomes assessment; and, create campus environments that encourage better-quality learning experiences that reinforce the value of cultural and economic diversity, mutual respect, and each person’s ability to become a more productive Louisiana citizen.
- Teaching Excellence – create a campus culture that values teaching and learning and actively involves faculty in this process.
- Innovative Academic and Technical Education Programs – Identify educational and workforce programming needs in an ongoing manner of the region and offer programs to address those needs.
Develop responsive, innovative education, training, and learning resource programs that prepare Louisiana citizens for immediate employment or transfer to two and four-year colleges and universities.
- Partnerships – Strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with secondary and other postsecondary institutions, business and industry, government agencies, economic development entities, and community-based organizations that leverage resources to expand educational opportunities for current and future students.
- Fundraising – Develop new funding streams through annual, major gifts and capital campaigns through the RPCC Foundation and successfully apply to appropriate federal, state, and private grant programs to significantly enhance the mission and vision of the College.
- Resources – Attract, recruit, retain and support exemplary faculty and staff; effectively manage resources allocated by the State for capital and operational expenses to support the mission of the College; and, make effective use of new and emerging technology to improve teaching and learning in the College’s classrooms, laboratories, and telecommunication networks.
- Workforce Development – Take a leadership role in economic development by providing student-centered workforce education and training in collaboration with local employers that strengthens the region’s economy and workforce competitiveness.
Supply Louisiana’s business and industry with a well-educated, highly skilled workforce capable of improving the State’s competitive advantage within the United States and throughout the global economy.