Download RPCC QEP desktop backgrounds HERE.
As part of the College�s accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, RPCC has chosen Improving Student Information Literacy Skills
as its focus for the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) required by SACS Commission on Colleges.
Information Literacy is the ability to responsibly and effectively locate, evaluate, and use information.
The goal of the QEP is to improve students� Information Literacy skills. The QEP focuses on the following learning outcomes:
- The information literate student determines the nature and extent of the information needed.
- The information literate student accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
- The information literate student evaluates information and its sources critically and incorporates selected information into his or her knowledge base and value system.
- The information literate student, individually or as a member of a group, uses information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
- The information literate student understands many of the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information and accesses and uses information ethically and legally.
(These outcomes are taken directly from the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
This Information Literacy project will be accomplished over the next five years through collaborative efforts of RPCC faculty/staff, students, and administrators. For more information, click on one of these links:
Information Literacy: Knowledge is Power
Watch and listen for more details regarding the Information Literacy project at RPCC.