The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a Federal law that governs and protects your individual rights to your educational records. These rights begin once you have registered and paid and classes have begun. Under FERPA, you have a right to:
For a more detailed explanation of FERPA, please refer to the Student Handbook in the RPCC General Catalog.
- inspect and review your educational records;
- request and amend your educational records;
- have some control over the disclosure of information from your educational records.
As a student at RPCC, it is your responsibility to:
- be aware of and comply with College policies and procedures,
- meet all College deadlines,
- attend class, and
- ask questions if you don�t understand something or need help.