If you are undecided about your career/major goals, then your best course-scheduling strategy is to stick with the basics�general education classes. While general education requirements may vary from institution to institution and from major to major, they are a core component of most degree programs. And for �exploring� students, they are a good starting point.
To identify suitable general education courses, follow the instructions in the section below that best describes you . . .
General Education Courses for Students Who�ve Selected a Transfer Institution
If you plan to transfer to a public, Louisiana institution, then your best bet is to select general education courses using the Board of Regents transfer matrix. To use this site, follow these steps:
General Education Courses for Students Staying at RPCC
- Click �Transfer Equivalencies.�
- Click �Home Institution Search� on the new page that opens.
- Enter �RPCC� as the home institution.
- Select a transfer institution. This will be the name of the institution to which you will transfer.
- Select a matrix category (e.g., general education�arts). Then click on the �process� button. You will then see a list of the general education courses in that category that are accepted from RPCC.
If you plan on staying at RPCC, click here to view the Freshman�s Guide to General Education Courses.