If you plan to transfer to another college or university, you will need to know the degree requirements for your major/curriculum at the transfer institution. You will want to select courses at RPCC that match those required for your degree at the transfer institution. Your transfer major/curriculum can be found on the transfer institution�s web site. Use a link below to find your transfer institution online. Once there, look for a link to the college or university�s catalog. Inside the catalog, you should find the requirements for your major. This will begin to give you an idea of the type of courses you should take. You may find it helpful to bring a printed copy of your curriculum to the Freshman Advising Session. Feel free to do so if you like.
Links to transfer institutions in state
Link to out-of-state college finders
The curriculum at the transfer institution may instruct you to take general education courses without listing specific course options. If that is the case, you may want to refer to the Board of Regents General Education Transfer Matrix. To use this site, follow these steps:
When you attend a Freshman Advising Session, staff members will provide additional help in identifying suitable courses. We realize that the process of course selection can be a bit challenging the first time you do it. Please know that we will be there to help.
- Click �Transfer Equivalencies.�
- Click �Home Institution Search� on the new page that opens.
- Enter �RPCC� as the home institution.
- Select a transfer institution. This will be the name of the institution to which you will transfer.
- Select a matrix category (e.g., general education�arts). Then click on the �process� button. You will then see a list of the general education courses in that category that are accepted from RPCC.
Lastly, if you plan on transferring but have yet to decide where you�ll go, you might find this Transfer Resource Guide to be of help.