River Parishes Community College is an open admission institution that partners with the communities and businesses of the river parishes region of Louisiana to provide workforce training, certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
RPCC serves its constituents through the following Core College Initiatives. These Core College Initiatives are central to the College's strategic planning and data are collected, reported, and are used in RPCC's continuous improvement processes.
These Core College Initiatives are:
- Student Access, Success, and Retention - Providing students with appropriate
education, training, and student services at moderate costs, convenient times,
and accessible locations to increase their success in obtaining an Associates
degree at RPCC, transferring to baccalaureate studies, or entering the workforce.
- Educational Programs and Services - Developing responsive, innovative education
and training programs that prepare students for immediate employment or transfer
to two- and four-year colleges or universities.
- Instruction - Creating interactions among students, faculty, and staff
that stimulate learning.
- Student Development and Learning - Offering student services programs to
motivate students to maximize their potential for learning through goal attainment,
healthy competitiveness, and the development of teamwork, leadership, critical
thinking, problem solving, information literacy, and citizenship skills.
- Cultural, Economic, and Educational Diversity - Creating a campus environment
that encourages quality learning experiences and that reinforces the value
of cultural and economic diversity and mutual respect.
- Partnerships - Strengthening mutually beneficial partnerships with secondary
education and universities, business and industry, government agencies, economic
development entities, and community-based organizations that expand educational
opportunities for current and future students.
- Technology and Electronic Learning - Making effective use of new and emerging
technology to improve teaching and learning in RPCC's classrooms, laboratories,
and other learning environments.
- College Personnel - Recruiting and retaining exemplary faculty, staff, and
administrators through continuous professional development.
- Fiscal/Physical Resources - Effectively developing and managing the resources
allocated for capital and operational expenses to support the mission of the